|Windy Hill Campground Association
General Membership Meeting
September 4, 2011
Members Present: Eighty-two lot members were present as reflected on sign-in sheet.
President, Don Wheeler, called the meeting to order at 1:03 p.m.
Secretary?s Report: The minutes from the May 29, 2011 General Membership meeting were read. There were no corrections or additions. It was moved by Andy Montalbano, seconded by Joe Fogolini, to accept the minutes as read. Motion carried.
Treasurer?s Report: There is $$$$$ in the Maintenance/Improvement fund, $$$$$ in the Money Market Account, and $$$$$ in the Checking Account. The expenses for the year were $$$$$ and income was $$$$$. All bills have been paid to date. (A detailed report is on file with the Secretary/Treasurer) It was moved by Bob Wheeler, seconded by Leigh Wacker, to accept the Treasurer?s report. Motion carried.
Old Business: There was discussion on building a pavilion. It was moved by Debbie Lang, seconded by Salvatore Ventimitlia, to form a Master Planning Committee to decide the priority of projects in the campground. Motion carried. The pavilion project was moved to committee.
-Site Inspection ? Thank you to the members for doing a great job keeping their lots looking great. Suggestions for next year to keep in mind:
1) Those that have gravel driveways need to use round-up on them to keep the weeds down.
2) Decks & steps will be inspected for deterioration and the need to have them stained.
-Bylaws- Proposed changes to the Bylaws.
1) The Board of Directors moved and seconded to change Article XI, Section 2 to read, The Annual General Membership meeting will be held on Labor Day weekend, the Sunday before Labor Day is observed. Discussion followed. Motion carried.
2) The Board of Directors moved and seconded to change Article IX, Section 6 to read in part: Adult pool time will be from 9 p.m. until 10p.m. The pool will be closed to all from 10 p.m.-9 a.m. with the exception of Holiday weekends the time for adults will be from 9p.m.-11p.m. For exceptions to the rule at other times during the summer, prior arrangements need to be made with the manager to have the adult time extended to 11p.m.
3) The Board of Directors moved and seconded to change Article V, Section 3, Sub-section G to read in part: The shed is to be only one story and cannot be larger than 100 sq. ft with a height limit of 8 ft. walls with a ten-foot peak and be 2 ft from the rear lot line and 5 foot from the side lot lines, with no footing. Discussion followed. Motion carried.
There have been misunderstandings about common elements. There are general and limited common elements. A member that has limited common elements adjacent to their lot that they alone have the use of, that member is expected to maintain responsibility for that area in a safe, clean, and sanitary condition. Meaning that share holder has the responsibility to mow and maintain that area. Also, it is asked of members to follow the appropriate steps if they have a complaint. First, talk to the manager and he will in turn take it to the Board of Directors. Most problems can be handled in that manner. There is a time and place to hear complaints. Starting next spring, one weekend a month, there will be Board members present at the clubhouse to hear complaints. Dates and times will be posted in the clubhouse. Although the Board of Directors are open to hearing complaints they too are at the campground to enjoy and relax with family and friends.
-Activities-Any monies that are taken in over the course of the year, minus expenses, go back into the campground. Thank you to all who participated any of the activities this year.
1) Over all we had a good year.
2) The roads needed some minor repairs
3) The privacy fence by the dumpsters is complete and looks nice
4) The dryer that caught fire has been replaced with a brand new one.
-Finance-We stayed within our budget this year. The maintenance fee for 2011-2012 will remain at $600.
-Elections- President, Don Wheeler and Vice-President, Mike Wojtylko both stated that they would run for another term. The floor was opened for nominations for President. Mike Burleson accepted nomination for President. It was moved and seconded to close nominations.
The floor was opened for nominations for Vice-President. Chris Jakee and Jim Parker accepted nominations for Vice-President. It was moved and seconded to close nominations.
1) The pool will be closed September 12, 2011
2) The water will be turned off in the park on October 17, 2011
3) There was discussion about the pool temperature. Paul Wheeler moved, seconded by Andy Montalbano to set the pool temperature at 84 degrees. Motion passed with 57 yes votes and 25 no votes.
4) Linda Wheeler moved, seconded by Steve Harmon, to donate $500 to the Port Austin Fire Department. Motion carried.
5) There will be a garage sale weekend September 24.
6) Election results ? President, Don Wheeler and Vice-President, Chris Jakee were elected to 3 year terms.
There was no further business or discussion. It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 2:15 p.m. The next General Membership meeting will be September 2, 2012 at 1 p.m.
Linda Wheeler, Secretary