|General Membership Meeting
May 21, 2006
Members present reflected on member?s sign in sheet on file with original minutes.
Windy Hill Campground
President, Don Wheeler, called the meeting to order at 1 p.m.
The minutes from the September 4, 2005 meeting were read. Karen St. John made a motion, seconded by Chris Jakee, to accept the minutes as read. Motion carried.
Treasurer?s report: To date, the expenditures for the campground are $$$$. Total monies on hand are $$$$. Projected money still owed per the budget is $$$$.
Randy Lang made a motion to accept the Treasurer?s report, seconded by Scott Cavanaugh. Motion carried. (A copy of the full Treasurer?s report is on file with the original minutes and with the treasurer.)
Rules and Finance committees ? No report.
1) A letter was received from the Red Cross for the donation that was made to the flood victims last fall.
2) There will be a float for the Port Austin July 4th parade.
3) The committee purchased a refrigerator to keep breakfast supplies in.
4) All up coming activities will be posted on the website and in the clubhouse.
5) There will be a golf outing this summer. To be determined.
Building and Grounds committee:
1) The cement slabs have been removed.
2) The counters in the clubhouse have been removed and a closet built.
3) The shed and sealing the black top have been put on hold to save money.
Old Business: None.
a. Ground water is getting into our sewer system
b. A new meter has been put into place to get a more accurate reading.
c. Repairs are being made to our system
d. It will cost about $2500 to videotape all the sewer lines associated with Hillview water board.
2) Sale of Campground
a. There have been no new developments to date.
b. It was suggested that a letter be sent to Cindy Hawkins stating that legal proceedings will be started against Eternal Life Bible Institute (ELBI) 30 days after said letter has be received unless we receive the proper paperwork for the sale of the campground to the Association. Our lawyer stated that we could sue for monies owed to the Association, to have the 99-year lease recorded, and to recoup sewer connection fees. Roger Newman made a motion to give permission to the Board to pursue legal action against ELBI and to set up a one time ($100 per lot) legal fee assessment that is due by August 1, 2006, seconded Scott Cavanaugh. Discussion followed. There were 15 yes votes and 18 no votes. Motion was defeated. Charles Warren made a motion to pursue legal action against the ELBI, seconded by Tony Scibilia. Discussion followed. Roger Newman made an amendment to the motion to have this lawsuit separate from the Haver?s lawsuit, seconded by Ed Shortridge. Motion carried.
3) Chris Jakee made a motion to continue the website at $500 per year, seconded by Leigh Wacker. Motion carried.
There was no further business or discussion. Andy Montalbano made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Donna Wheeler. Motion carried. The meeting was adjourned at 2:37 p.m.
Linda Wheeler, Secretary